Notes on data processing in compliance with the information obligations under Articles 13 and 14 GDPR in connection with participation in the International Media Festival for Prevention
I. Name and contact details of the controller
The controller responsible for data collection is:
Berufsgenossenschaft Energie Textil Elektro Medienerzeugnisse (Hauptverwaltung) – Electricity Section of the International Social Security Association –
D-50968 Köln, Germany
Phone: +49 221 37785000
II. Contact details of the Data Protection Officer:
Contact person for data protection:
President of the Electricity Section of the International Social Security Association (ISSA)
c/o Berufsgenossenschaft Energie Textil Elektro Medienerzeugnisse
D-50968 Köln, Germany
Phone: +49 221 37785000
III. Purpose of and legal basis for processing
1. We collect the following data from
Participants (and where applicable publishers/production firms)
- Form of address
- First name
- Address (street, number, postcode, place, country and any additional address information)
- Phone number (fixed line and mobile)
2. Purposes of processing
Your data is collected:
- To identify you as participant in the IMFP;
- To publish participants (and, where applicable, award winners or nominees) during and after the Congress (in social media, press releases and news);
- To use and publish personal data concerning award winners for public relations in connection with the Festival;
- To send out information on the International Media Festival;
- To use them for purposes of promotion or of market or opinion research;
- To use and publish the name of the participant and/or their designation, function and/or work area together with detailed information on the submitted contribution in connection with the Festival;
- To send you information on the course of the International Media Festival for Prevention.
3. Legal basis of processing
The data processing is carried out at your request and is necessary in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR.
IV. Recipients or categories of recipients of personal data
Your personal data will be forwarded to:
1. 3c Creative Communication Concepts GmbH:
- To support the communications agency in compiling the database listing all entrants;
- To publish the data on each contribution on the website (www.mediainprevention.org) provided you have given your consent on the registration form to it being published in this way.
2. Members of the IMFP jury:
- To compile the list of nominees and award winners;
- To address questions about contributions directly to participants.
V. Transfer of personal data to any third country
It is projected that your personal data be transferred to IMFP jury members in:
- The European Union (including the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
- South Korea
VI. Duration of storage of personal data
Your data will be stored permanently following collection.
VII. Your rights as a data subject
You have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation:
- Under Article 7(3) of the GDPR, to withdraw, at any time, the consent that you have given us. This has the effect that we are then no longer allowed to continue the data processing based on that consent.
- Under Article 15 of the GDPR, to obtain access to the personal data concerning you that we process. In particular, you have the right to obtain information on the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom the personal data has been or will be disclosed, the envisaged storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure and restriction of processing and of a right to object, the source of your data if it is not collected from you, and the existence of any automated decision making, including profiling, and meaningful information on the details of any such automated decision making;
- Under Article 16 of the GDPR, the right to obtain, without delay, rectification or completion of personal data stored with us;
- Under Article 17 of the GDPR, to obtain erasure of the personal data concerning you that is stored with us unless the processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- Under Article 18 of the GDPR, to obtain restriction of the processing of your personal data to the extent that you contest the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful but you oppose its erasure and we no longer need the data, but you require it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to the processing pursuant to Article 21 of the GDPR;
- Under Article 20 of the GDPR, to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to have the data transmitted to another controller;
- Under Article 77 of the GDPR, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
VIII. Right to withdraw consent
If you have consented to processing by Berufsgenossenschaft Energie Textil Elektro Medienerzeugnisse in a declaration of consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time with effect for the future. Revoking consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing performed on the basis of the consent until the revocation.
IX. Data collection
Your data has been collected in connection with registration for participation in the International Media Festival for Prevention as part of the XXII World Congress on Safety and Health at Work in Toronto, Canada.